NUTLEY TENNIS CLUB RULES REGARDING USE OF
THE COURTS GENERAL RULES AND ETIQUETTE JUNE 2010
- All members are obligated to give up the court after two sets or one hour (whichever comes first) if there are members waiting. For doubles all players must give up the court simultaneously to waiting members. Members who have not played have priority for open courts. Doubles are encouraged when there are members waiting for a court.
- Junior and Intermediate members, not playing with an adult member, will relinquish the court, if requested, to an adult member except during guest hours listed below.
- A maximum of 3 courts may be used for league play.
- GUEST RULES:
Family membership 12 guests per year Senior membership 8 guests per year Junior & Intermediate memberships 8 guests per year
- No individual may be a guest of any members, or combination of members more often than six times per year.
- Members must print and sign their names and the names of all guests on a guest card before play starts. Failure to sign a guest card, or any violation of the guest privilege, shall be considered a serious infraction of club rules.
- Members may have guests during the following hours only:
- All day on weekdays.
- After 1 pm weekends/holidays.
- There is a $8.00 charge per guest to be billed next season.
- Children under the age of 12 may not use the courts without adult supervision. The ball machine may not be used by anyone under the age of 18 without adult supervision.
- Loud, abusive or profane language, racquet throwing, or hitting balls indiscriminately is prohibited. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- These rules are intended to be followed in the spirit of good sportsmanship.
Board of Trustees